According to the different needs of people, the recommended treatment methods and scope for hair loss may vary. As a treatment method offered as a solution to hair loss, hair transplantation is carried out in the form of transplanting hair follicles located on the nape or any part of the body to places where there is clarity and sparseness. In this procedure, which is performed by specialists in the operating room under sterile conditions, the openings in the crown and forehead are treated by removing the hair follicles from the stronger areas one by one after local anesthesia and transplanting them where needed. This process is not painful and can take about 4-6 hours depending on the size of the area to be planted. It is extremely important that the technique applied is correct, and that the newly planted hair adapts to the scalp and grows in a healthy way. After the operation, it is recommended that the person rests at home for a few days and not go out. A few weeks after hair transplantation, the hair will fall out, but the hair follicles will remain in place. After shedding hair, new hair will grow from the hair follicles that settle on the skin in a healthy way.
How Can Hair Loss Be Prevented?
It is of great importance to determine the main factors that cause hair loss in the prevention of hair loss. Different methods can be applied in the treatment process, which is recommended to be planned under the supervision of a dermatologist. Shampoo, cream, etc. compatible with the scalp. In addition to the use of cosmetic products, acquiring the right eating habits and supplementing the missing hormones or vitamins in the body can reduce hair loss. In hair loss that develops as a result of chronic diseases such as thyroid disorders, a plan should be made for the treatment of the disease. However, alternative treatment methods such as drug therapy, mesotherapy, PRP, or hair transplantation are applied in direct proportion to the severity of hair loss.
Things to Consider Before and After the Surgery
- Alcohol, cigarette, and caffeine consumption before the hair transplant operation slows down the healing process. Medicines that can slow blood clotting, etc. should not be used.
- Hair gel spray etc. Styling products should not be used.
- After hair transplantation, it is necessary to pay attention to the transplanted area while lying down, it is recommended to lie on your back. Although the critical level ends on the 4th and 15th days following hair transplantation, the risk continues. Sweating activities such as heavy sports should definitely be avoided.
- It is not recommended to drive a car after the operation. Edema and pain may be experienced in the period following the operation, and regular use of painkillers may be required. The hair transplanted area should be protected after the surgery. It is recommended to start hair washing on the third day after the operation.
- As a result of the operation, new hair growth can reach 30% in the first three months, 60% in the sixth month, and 100% in one year. However, this is a process that requires patience. The growth period of new hair may vary depending on factors such as age, genetic factors, and lifestyle. Newly grown hair should not be cut and dyed for a while, it is normal to experience crusting on the newly grown scalp.
- Places such as saunas, Turkish baths, and solariums should be avoided. The planting area should be protected from the sun. Within a month after hair transplantation, it can be seen that the hair starts to boil. It is important to continue using the hair products recommended by the doctor at the end of the surgery.
It is recommended to start hair washing on the third day after the operation.
Hair regrowth, whose duration may vary according to factors such as age, genetic factors, and lifestyle, can be seen in the first three months, 60% in the sixth month, and 100% in one year.
Hair transplantation cannot be applied to people who are congenitally balding. Stem cells must be taken from the person for hair transplantation. Those who do not have congenital hair do not have these stem cells to be used for transplantation. For this reason, hair transplantation operations do not have any effect on congenitally balding people, and it is recommended to use prosthetic hair.